Privacy and Security Policy
OpenText supports the right to privacy, including the rights of individuals to control the dissemination and use of personal data that describes them, their personal choices, or life experiences. OpenText is committed to protecting Personal Data of the users of our Website. OpenText supports domestic and international laws and regulations that seek to protect the privacy rights of such individuals.
"Personal Data" means any information about an identifiable individual. It includes, without limitation, information relating to identity, gender, address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth.
This Policy statement outlines our principles with respect to Personal Data collected, processed and used via our Website (the "Website").
Operator of the Website
The Website is owned and operated by Open Text Corporation, 275 Frank Tompa Drive, N2L 0A1 Waterloo, Canada ("OpenText"). From a data privacy perspective this means that OpenText is data controller.
Personal Data you provide us and purpose of our collection processing and use of your Personal Data
All Personal Data you provide us is processed fairly and lawfully.
When visiting our Website there is always an option not to provide Personal Data. You may, however, voluntarily provide us with Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Creation of a customer account that enables you to download OpenText asset and product and other information;
- Responding to your inquiry and/or providing you access to specific information as requested by you;
- Registration to OpenText events
- Distribution and marketing purposes
For the purposes mentioned above we collect the following Personal Data about you:
- Full name
- Company name
- Company location
- Position in company
- Telephone number
- Email address
Depending on context, we may also collect additional Personal Data to successfully provide services or process requests.
OpenText uses IP addresses to help diagnose problems and to administer the OpenText Website. When you visit our Website, we recognize only your domain name and not your e-mail address. We will see your e-mail address only if you fill out a form or send us an e-mail message.
Transfer of your Personal Data to OpenText Group Companies and service providers.
We may transfer your Personal Data to our OpenText branded affiliates globally ("OpenText Group Companies"), if and to the extent this is necessary for answering or otherwise complying with your requests.
OpenText may engage service providers that act on behalf and under the instructions of OpenText. These service providers, for example, IT service providers that support the OpenText IT infrastructure, may have access to your Personal Data. OpenText will require such service providers to adopt adequate technical and organizational security measures to ensure the processing of Personal Data only as instructed by OpenText and for no other purposes.
Our OpenText Group Companies and/or the service providers may be located in countries that do not provide for an adequate level of data protection as established by the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EG). Where required under applicable law, OpenText will implement appropriate measures to secure the data transfers in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to our Affiliates
If you want to learn about the privacy policies of our OpenText Group Companies that are accessible via links from the Website, please read the detailed privacy policies posted on their respective Websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
- All the Personal Data you provide us is stored in a secure computing environment protected by secure firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- We control access so that only people who need to access the Personal Data can. All staff of OpenText are provided security training and are required to adhere to a comprehensive set of security policies, procedures, and standards related to their jobs.
- When you use secure areas of the Website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption. This means that all the information sent between your computer and our secure computer environment is encrypted or scrambled so that no one can read it in transit. Secure areas of the site have a time-out feature. If you leave your secure session inactive for some time, it times-out to prevent unauthorized access.
- All OpenText products, solutions, and services are designed, developed, and maintained with security in mind, according to the Product Security Assurance Program.
Reporting a Security Vulnerability
OpenText reviews all reports of security vulnerabilities affecting OpenText products and services.
To report a vulnerability in one of our products or solutions, please contact Customer Support with details of the vulnerability.
To report a vulnerability in one of our corporate websites, please submit details of the vulnerability using our Online Contact Form.
Please click here to view a list of people and organizations that have kindly reported vulnerabilities to OpenText.
Information or other rights with regard to your Personal Data
You may request from OpenText access to, correction of, blocking of and/or deletion of your Personal Data in line with applicable data protection law. Please direct any such request and any other questions you may have with regard to these Privacy Principles to email@example.com, IT Security Manager, 38 Leek Crescent, L4B 4N8 Richmond Hill, Canada.
Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Canada